Amid attempts of hacking and data theft by Pakistan and China, the government has come up with a smartphone policy for officials dealing with sensitive information.
1. The government has put curbs on officials connecting their phones to office computers.
2. They will not be allowed to even to charge the phone battery.
3. Further, every such device will have to be approved by seniors.
The rules would apply to :
1. armed forces,
2. intelligence officials and
3. personnel of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
The policy had been formulated after taking suggestions from several cyber experts.
Reason for such guidelines:
Pakistan Intelligence Agencies were spying on Indian Security Forces by sending malwares in mobile apps such as Top Gun (Game App), mpjunkie (music App), vdjunky (video app), talking frog (entertainment App).