The names of people suitable to be considered for membership to the Committee of Administrators (COA) will be submitted to the Supreme Court by legal experts Anil B. Divan and Gopal Subramaniam shortly. The COA will oversee the operations of BCCI.
A prominent name in the reckoning for a COA position is that of Justice (retired) Mukul Mudgal, who conducted the IPL probe and dealt with issues like spot and match-fixing, betting, conflicts of interest and player-agent matter.
Expertise of justice Mudgal:
1. In its cricket reforms report, even the Lodha Committee had acknowledged Justice Mudgal’s role in sharing his vast expertise and knowledge on sports law.
2. Justice Mudgal had presented a report on the Delhi and Districts Cricket Association.
3. Supervising the conduct of the India-South Africa Test at the Ferozeshah Kotla in 2015.
Duties of Committee of Administrators :
1. The COA’s immediate task will be to oversee the BCCI administration through its CEO Rahul Johri.
2. To ensure that the directions contained in the judgement (which accepted the reforms in cricket report of the Justice Lodha Committee with modifications) are fulfilled and to adopt all necessary and consequential steps for that purpose.
The COA will not have more than three members.